Welcome to Bedwell & Roebuck Surgery
CORONAVIRUS (COVID19) – LATEST UPDATE
Due to the outbreak of COVID19 we are making adaptations to the way we work. This is to protect both our staff and our patients. Guidance is changing frequently; we will ensure our website is kept up-to-date daily. Please bear with us during this very challenging time, our staff are working their hardest to continue to provide the best healthcare they can.
From 23.03.2020 our doors will be closed. If you need non-urgent medical attention please call our reception team on 01438 311130.
All GP appointments will be arranged as a telephone consultation, if the GP feels they needs to see you face to face after this call, they will arrange for you to come down to the surgery and you will be let in the door by the reception team.
All appointments for Chronic Condition reviews such as diabetes, CHD, Asthma etc. will be carried out over the phone.
All nurse appointments will only be able to be booked on the day that you need to be seen, no future bookings will be allowed.
We have made the decision to temporarily suspend the following nurse appointments :
travel, spirometry, ear syringing, ABPM (24 hour BP monitoring).
The only appointments we will allow future booking for are childhood immunisation and 6-8 week baby checks.
We are encouraging all patients to go online to order their repeat prescriptions or use their current pharmacy to order prescriptions on their behalf. If you are unable to go online please use our letter box outside at each surgery to post your requests. All prescriptions issued will be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy, if you do not have a nominated pharmacy we will send them electronically to our local pharmacies and inform you of which pharmacy to attend.
Due to the current pandemic and pressure on General Practice, we are prioritising the urgent medical needs of our patients and will not be providing a medical certificate for this absence.
If you require an isolation note please visit: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
To access the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus, please click the link below which is updated daily:
Please be aware the online booking system and the 24 hour booking service are currently disabled.
NHS Volunteer Responder Service
NHS Volunteer Responders have been mobilised to help support vulnerable patients who are self-isolating. Priority will be given to those identified as most at risk from COVID-19 and asked to self-isolate at home for an extended period.
NHS Volunteer Responders can help patients with tasks such as delivering medicines from pharmacies; driving patients to appointments; bringing them home from hospital; and regular phone calls to check they are ok. Volunteers will receive role specific training where required.
There are four types of support available:-
- Community Response volunteer: volunteers to collect and deliver shopping, medication or other essential supplies.
- Patient Transport volunteer: volunteers to provide transport to patients who are ready for discharge and ensure that they are settled safely back into their homes.
- NHS Transport volunteer: volunteers to transport equipment, supplies and/or medication between NHS services and sites. It may also involve assisting pharmacies with medication delivery.
- Check in and Chat volunteer: volunteers to provide telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness.
To request a volunteer support for any of the above please contact the service on:-
0808 196 3382
COVID-19 AND SAFEGUARDING
During this pandemic, should you require any outside help, please use any of the appropriate links below:-
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
- NSPCC helpline: 0808 800 5000 If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact NSPCC
- professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
- Childline 0800 1111: Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever
- the worry.
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’. www.mind.org.uk
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and
- wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus.
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope. http://iconcope.org/
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID. http://safelives.org.uk/news-views/domesticabuse-
- IRISi interventions: irisi.org/iris/find-your-local-iris-site/
SERVICES FOR THE OVER 70's AND AT RISK COMMUNITY
Stevenage Football Club can help
Following the recent COVID-19 announcement Stevenage Football Club will provide services to the over 70s and at-risk community, who are required to isolate to protect themselves from the COVID-19 virus. Please click on the link for further details.
BEDWELL MEDICAL CENTRE & THE ROEBUCK SURGERY
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Non Emergency Out of Hours - NHS 111
Please click on the NHS 111 logo at the bottom of the page for more information on the NHS 111 service.
Contact your doctors online and get a response by the end of two working days
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
Join In - Friends and Family Test
We as a practice want you to have the best possbile experience of care. The NHS Friends and Family Test is a way of gathering your feedback, so we can continually review our service.
It is based on one simple question:-
"How likely are you to recommend our GP practice to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?"
Please click on the Presentation below for more details about the Friends and Family Test.
FFT - Power point Presentation
Please click here to complete the Friends and Family Survey for the Bedwell and Roebuck Surgeries.
Bedwell Medical Centre is a purpose-built surgery situated in Bedwell Crescent. We have ample parking facilities, and disabled access. The branch surgery Roebuck is situated in Broadwater Crescent, close to the shops. There is free parking very close by.
Allocated Named Accountable General Practitioner
All our fully registered patients at the practice now have an allocated named accountable GP who is responsible for their overall care. If you would like to know who your named GP is, or would prefer a different GP to the one you have been allocated, please contact the practice. We will endeavour to accommodate your request, where we can.
By having a named GP does not prevent you from seeing any other GP at the practice.
CQC Inspection Report 2019
Following our CQC Inspection in March 2019, please take a look at our Quality Report by clicking on the link below:-
Bedwell Medical Centre CQC Report
(Site updated 02/04/2020)